SonoSite Institute for Point-of-Care Ultrasound provides exclusive access to monthly webinars, learning modules, presentations, teaching videos and more
BOTHELL, WA., September 15, 2015 – FUJIFILM SonoSite Inc., the world leader and pioneering specialist in bedside and point-of-care ultrasound, announces the introduction of a new educational website designed specifically to enhance education in point of care ultrasound.
"FUJIFILM SonoSite has always been committed to physician education and we are now expanding with a new global digital resource for customers," said Diku Mandavia, MD, FACEP FRCPC, chief medical officer and senior vice president, FUJIFILM SonoSite Inc. "The online institute allows our customers to have quick and easy access to information, we’re making it easier for them to gain knowledge through a one stop service. Many physicians around the world have limited access to point-of-care ultrasound resources and we aim to close that gap. We believe physician education leads to better patient care which is our ultimate goal."
Following is a summary of offerings:
- Modules: Each module provides an overview of a point-of-care ultrasound application, from select references to more comprehensive presentations and videos.
- Webinars: Each expert-led webinar will focus on best practices and the most commonly performed procedures and techniques. Visitors are able to register for upcoming webinars or view a recording of a past webinar.
- Events and Workshops: Throughout the year, FUJIFILM SonoSite will host and participate in events and workshops around the world. Visitors are now able to browse events by date, specialty and country.
- Toolkit: Access to a portfolio of downloadable materials that communicate the benefits of point-of-care ultrasound. Resources include Addressing Central Line Complications, Improving Efficiency Across the Hospital and The Safety Impact of Point-of-Care Ultrasound among other educational booklets.
- eLibrary: Holds educational resources including 3D learning videos, pathology videos and images, and articles of significant interest related to point-of-care ultrasound.
- Reimbursement Guidance: With the constant changing state of reimbursement coverage and payment information for diagnostic and ultrasound-guided procedures, FUJIFILM SonoSite recognizes the importance of accurate coding and billing and provides a number of guidance documents.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc., is the innovator and world leader in bedside and point-of-care ultrasound, and an industry leader in ultra high-frequency micro-ultrasound technology. Headquartered near Seattle, the company is represented by 26 subsidiaries and a global distribution network in over 100 countries. SonoSite’s portable, compact systems are expanding the use of ultrasound across the clinical spectrum by cost-effectively bringing high-performance ultrasound to the point of patient care. For more information, go to:www.sonosite.com.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including: healthcare, with medical systems, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics; graphic systems; highly functional materials, such as flat panel display materials; optical devices, such as broadcast and cinema lenses; digital imaging; and document products. These are based on a vast portfolio of chemical, mechanical, optical, electronic, software and production technologies. In the year ended March 31, 2014, the company had global revenues of $23.9 billion, at an exchange rate of 102 yen to the dollar. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit: www.fujifilmholdings.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.