Point-of-care ultrasound is more than collecting images at the bedside. It requires a total connectivity solution that combines patient data and software applications to help support quality patient care. SonoSite provides flexible archive and image storage capabilities by offering multiple connectivity solutions to meet your facility’s unique needs.
DICOM® (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) is a widely accepted global standard for distributing and viewing medical images that includes a file format definition and network communications protocol. DICOM services are typically found in hospitals and larger healthcare facilities. Using DICOM allows patient data and ultrasound images to be sent and stored in a standardized format.
SonoSite DICOM features are compliant with the latest DICOM versions. Fujifilm SonoSite products provide a configuration page for each of the DICOM services, and for the location(s) in which the system will operate.
- Archiving – DICOM provides storage of patient exams, including images and clips on a PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System)
- Printing – Images can be printed from a DICOM compatible printer
- Modality Worklist – Imports a patient's procedure data from an HIS (Hospital Information System)/RIS (Radiology Information System)
- MPPS (Modality Performed Procedure Step) – Transfers a patient's procedure information to a PACS and HIS/RIS
- Storage Commit – Confirms the transfer of a patient's data from the ultrasound system to a PACS for storage and archiving
SonoSite products DICOM conformance statements
- SonoSite Edge II, SonoSite SII DICOM Conformance Statement
- SonoSite iViz DICOM Conformance Statement
- SonoSite X-Porte DICOM Conformance Statement
- SonoSite M-Turbo DICOM Conformance Statement
- SonoSite PDAS DICOM Conformance Statement
- SonoSite Workflow Solutions EMR/HL7 Specification
- SonoSite Workflow Solutions DICOM Conformance Statement
- SonoSite Edge DICOM Conformance Statement
- SonoSite S Series DICOM Conformance Statement
- SonoSite MicroMaxx DICOM Conformance Statement
- SonoSite NanoMAXX DICOM Conformance Statement
- SonoSite Titan DICOM Conformance Spec
SonoSite Patient Data Archival System (PDAS)
SonoSite PDAS facilitates the archiving of examinations with your Fujifilm SonoSite ultrasound system, giving you the ability to view images and reports in a centralized location.
- Automatically transfer images and reports from the ultrasound system to a central network location, with no limit on the number of connected ultrasound systems
- Access patient images and reports using standard computer tools. Access ultrasound images from standard EMR interfaces
- Low-cost solution to streamline the process by which ultrasound examination data may be used for printing, billing, credentialing, or updating patient EMR
USB export options
Our systems allow images and data to be stored on a USB memory stick, and allow the user to select the export type. This option can be used with both DICOM and SiteLink Software services. Images and data stored on the USB memory stick can be transferred to DICOM, or a PC with DICOM software installed.
Images are stored on the USB in a DICOMDIR, a DICOM specified file/folder structuring format that allows DICOM compatible software to quickly load and navigate the DICOM files contained on the memory stick. Once moved from the USB memory stick to a DICOM compliant system, the user has full access to the exams and images downloaded from the SonoSite ultrasound system.
- File Format: RGB, JPEG, or Monochrome DICOM
- Compression Rate: Allows low, medium, or high compression when exporting JPEG files. No compression is supported for RGB or Mono files
SiteLink Software services
SiteLink Software export allows you to store selected patient or exam data on a USB memory stick and later view or move the data to any PC that has USB capabilities. You can view the images from SiteLink export with standard Windows tools or specialized viewers. Report files can be viewed with standard Windows software.
- File Format: JPEG or BMP
- Compression Rate: Allows low, medium or high compression rates to be used on JPEG exports. No compression is supported for BMP files
- Patient exam data can be sorted and stored by patient name (creates separate folders for each patient and exam) or by the user's name (creates a folder for every ultrasound user with sub-directories for their patients' exams)
DICOM® is the registered trademark of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) for its standards publications relating to digital communications of medical information.
SiteLink Merchant Services, a dba of Sunstone Merchant Services, LLC is a registered ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, CA.