Ultrasound Systems for Endocrinologists
Ultrasound provides endocrinologists with tools that can increase diagnostic confidence, improve efficiency, and decrease overall medical costs. Sonosite systems allow endocrinologists to confidently perform diagnostic exams, locate masses, guide biopsies, and initiate a proper course of treatment for each patient.
Some common endocrinology applications for point-of-care ultrasound include:
- Identify thyroid nodules and determine vascularity of lesions
- Guide percutaneous needle core biopsies, ensuring more accurate sampling
- Guide fine needle aspiration of cysts
Clearer Thyroid Images on Sonosite Ultrasound
Newer Sonosite machines use a proprietary multi-beam technology that increases small structure resolution and enhances border delineation for improved visualization of anatomy, including the thyroid. The result is increased clarity in the near and far field, sharper definition of small structures, and improved differentiation of tissues.
This technology enables endocrinologists to improve needle visualization on ultrasound, even when the needle angle is greater or less than 90º from the skin's surface.
SonoAccess Ultrasound App: Our no-cost ultrasound app puts ultrasound education right in your pocket. When you download SonoAccess, you'll get a first-class ultrasound app with extensive clinical education content, product guides, how-to videos, clinical images and reference guides for point-of-care ultrasound. Download the App
Thyroid Ultrasound – 3D How-To Video
1. Mainiero MB, et al. Preferential use of sonographically guided biopsy to minimize patient discomfort and procedure time in a percutaneous image-guided breast biopsy program. J Ultrasound Med 2002;21(11):1221-6.
2. Evans KD. Investigating patient satisfaction as an outcome for ultrasound-guided breast procedures. J Diagn Med Sonog 1998;14(3):107-112.