Improving Care for Our Military Personnel
Sonosite is dedicated to improving patient care for our active-duty soldiers, veterans, and their families by partnering with military medical providers with point-of-care ultrasound technology. Sonosite has supplied the U.S. government with over 12,000 systems worldwide in every care area at CONUS and OCONUS sites, including MTFs, VA Medical Centres, Forward Surgical Teams, Combat Support Hospitals, aircraft personnel, naval ships, and operational teams.
Sonosite itself was created to fulfil an urgent military need. The U.S. Department of Defence awarded a Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) grant to Sonosite’s parent company, ATL Ultrasound, to create an ultrasound machine portable and tough enough to be carried onto the battlefield to a trauma patient's side. The result was Sonosite 180, Sonosite’s very first point-of-care ultrasound machine, brought to the market in 1998.
Ready for Military Applications
For over 20 years, Sonosite has led the ultrasound industry in innovative designs and cutting-edge technology for both military and civilian use. Sonosite remains committed to providing our clinicians in uniform with systems rugged and user-friendly enough to meet the needs of today’s military. Every Sonosite system delivers:
- Superior image quality to support more efficient diagnosis and treatment
- Fast boot-up times from cold start when seconds count
- Industry-leading Sonosite 5-year standard warranty*, backed up by our outstanding customer technical service support
- Intuitive workflows and controls ensure you can quickly get the answers you need, when you need them
- Sonosite durability and reliability, up to military-grade standards:
- Sonosite system and transducers are drop-tested to one meter
- Every Sonosite system undergoes up to 10 hours of quality assurance before shipping
- Sonosite-manufactured transducers endure 50,000 major flex and twist cycles on the transducer end
- No preventive maintenance or annual calibration required
*Sonosite iViz comes with a 3-year standard warranty
Educating and Empowering Medical Staff
Sonosite is dedicated to ensuring military medics have every opportunity to expand and enhance their point-of-care ultrasound skills. We provide access to an extensive library of ultrasound education, including comprehensive, anatomy-specific courses from Sonosite Institute, physician-led on-demand webinars, SonoAccess mobile education app, how-to videos on Sonosite’s YouTube channel, and hands-on scanning workshops.
Sonosite Products for Military and VA Healthcare System Applications
- Sonosite X-Porte ultrasound system: ATO approved
- Sonosite Edge II ultrasound system: ATO approved
- Sonosite SII ultrasound system: ATO approved
- Sonosite iViz ultrasound system: ATO approved
- Sonosite M-Turbo ultrasound system: ATO approved