Healthcare professionals realise that knowledge, coupled with the right medical technology, saves time and lives. ER doctors use point-of care visualisation, like the Sonosite needle visualisation technology, to get immediate clinical information, improve patient safety, and decrease complications.
Sonosite has long recognised the very specific needs of emergency physicians, and we offer products that are uniquely suited to provide full diagnostic capabilities at the bedside. Fast, high-quality imaging at the point of care saves lives, increases patient safety, and improves clinician efficiency.
What our customers have to say
“There are many, many patients who would not have lived had they gone to another emergency department. Having ultrasound available at any time simply lowers the threshold for life-threatening conditions. You want answers, you want accuracy and ultrasound gives you that.”—J. Christian Fox, Director of Emergency Ultrasound, University of California, Irvine Medical Centre, Irvine, California
“Using ultrasound reveals anatomy previously unseen. It removes the practitioners’ blindfold and allows them to first confirm whether a procedure is indicated and then perform the procedure more safely and effectively by visually guiding the intervention.”—Paul R. Sierzenski, MD, RDMS, FAAEM, FACEP, Director of Emergency, Trauma and Critical Care Ultrasound, Director Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship, Christiana Care Health System, Newark, Delaware
Did you know ultrasound-guided nerve blocks are reducing the use of opioids?
Watch how St. Joseph's Heath Care System is using ultrasound to help to reduce the opioid epidemic.
- 10 Important Applications of Point-of-Care Ultrasound in Paediatric Emergency Medicine
- Ultrasound-Guided Nerve Block, an ED Opioid Alternative
- Need to Purchase Imaging Equipment? Consider All Costs of Ownership.
- Ultrasound-Guided Vascular Access Programme Saves St. Joseph's $3.5 Million
- Six Secrets of Implementing Ultrasound in Paediatric Emergency Medicine
- MedPAC and What We Can Learn Regarding the Use of Ultrasound to Guide Procedures
- Six Steps to Implement Bedside Ultrasonography in Critical Care
- Ultrasound-Guided Procedures: Financial and Safety Benefits
- Smarter Use of Imaging Technology: Reduce Errors Costs
- $330 Million Risk: What Boards Should Know
- A Proposed Payment Differential Policy that Negatively Impacts Hospitals and Potentially Patient Care
- Ultrasound Guidance at the Point of Care
- Why the ultrasound-guided approach to central vein catheterization is replacing the landmark method.
- CT Dose in Children
- Emergency Ultrasound at the Bedside: Not Just FAST A Cost-Effective Technology to Reduce Medical Errors and Improve Safety
- Improving Safety and Quality with Best Practises: Focus on Central Venous Access
- Imaging Economics
- Our Journey to Zero Patient Harm
- Pathways That Deliver Increased Physician Efficiency And Improved Patient Satisfaction