STAMFORD, Conn. – FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc., a leading provider of diagnostic imaging and medical informatics solutions, and FUJIFILM SonoSite Inc., specialists in developing cutting-edge ultrasound solutions and providing world-leading education to enable point-of-care visualisation access, have launched a full-suite paediatric solutions portfolio, complete with digital radiography (DR), healthcare IT and point-of-care ultrasound to serve the world’s most unique patients. Fujifilm will unveil the comprehensive paediatrics portfolio in a dedicated display at booth #4111 (South Hall) at McCormick Place in Chicago during the 103rd scientific assembly and annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA).
“For the most precious patients, Fujifilm’s full line of paediatric specific imaging products is tailored to the special needs of these exams,” said Johann Fernando, Ph.D., Chief Operating Officer of FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. “With more than 80 years in imaging experience, Fujifilm is uniquely advantaged to cater to these patients with new advancements in DR detectors, dose monitoring tools, and point-of-care ultrasound, paired with Fujifilm’s enterprise imaging solutions to enable secure access to paediatric imaging data and records.”
Fujifilm’s paediatric suite of imaging solutions combats challenges associated with paediatric imaging such as minimizing dose exposure, increasing speed of image acquisition, helping improve infection controls and reducing anxiety associated with exams. The paediatric suite of products from Fujifilm addresses challenges of paediatric imaging by ensuring safety, advanced precision, enhanced comfort and trusted protection of data.
“With the dawn of personalized healthcare, the entire continuum of care from diagnosis to treatment has evolved from ‘one-size-fits-all’ to a specialised approach for each patient,” said Rich Fabian, MBA, Chief Operating Officer, FUJIFILM SonoSite Inc. “As a company with experience in transforming its core business in the face of change, Fujifilm is distinctively advantaged to provide the innovation necessary to service the unique paediatrics patient population.”
Fujifilm’s suite of paediatric solutions will include the following products and benefits:
- FDR AQRO: A portable digital X-ray system designed with a focus on low dose and exceptional manoeuvreability for the tightest of spaces including the NICU, PICU, ER, etc. The FDR AQRO combines Fujifilm’s latest advancements in dose –saving technologies within mobile compact mobile system. In addition, Fujifilm’s Hydro AG Antibacterial Coating is included on the primary surfaces of the machine to provide an added safety measure in infection controls.
- FDR D-EVO II Csl (14x17, 17x17, and 24x30): Fujifilm’s most durable and reliable DR detectors are the world’s first and only detectors with an antibacterial coating (Hydro AG). Complete with Patented Irradiated Side Sampling (ISS) technology, the FDR D-EVO II can deliver images with as much as 20 percent greater dose efficiency than traditional detectors.
- FDR D-EVO GL: The world’s first single exposure long length single DR detector solution, offering a lower dose compared to CR and even lower dose with use of Virtual Grid software to eliminate grids and lower dose as much as 50 percent compared to grid exams.
- FDR Go PLUS version: The all new FDR Go PLUS version portable digital X-ray system has a compact and quiet design with a new collapsible column that helps safely navigate tight confined spaces like the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). Fujifilm’s new model is available with the option for kid-friendly graphic decals to help calm patients and their parents during approaching exams.
- Synapse® Enterprise Imaging: Fujifilm’s Enterprise Imaging solutions enable secure and holistic access to paediatric imaging data and records. Synapse® suite including PACS, VNA, CV, Enterprise Viewer and 3D facilitates real-time image collaboration, the comprehensive patient imaging history through the single enterprise viewer, the ability to anonymize and archive the most sensitive data, all of which is stored securely and centrally in the data centre.
- Vevo® MD: As the world’s first Ultra High Frequency ultrasound system, it delivers the highest resolution possible in medical ultrasound when imaging the first 3 cm of the body. With its transducers designed for the smallest of patients, the Vevo MD helps visualise tiny anatomy not visible with conventional ultrasound. The Vevo MD offers a user-friendly, touchscreen interface with an intuitive workflow to streamline examination time.
- SonoSite X-Porte: The X-Porte point-of-care ultrasound system offers proprietary beam-forming technology: XDI™ (Extreme Definition Imaging). The XDI technology allows for enhanced image quality, reduction in artefact clutter and enhanced contrast resolution. The portability of the X-Porte, along with its easy-to-clean touchscreen surface, makes it a fit within neonatal and NICU environments.
For more information about Fujifilm or to schedule a product demonstration, please visit: http://rsna.fujimed.com
FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. is a leading provider of diagnostic imaging products and medical informatics solutions to meet the needs of healthcare facilities today and well into the future. From an unrivaled selection of digital X-ray systems, to the Synapse® brand of PACS, RIS and cardiovascular products, to advanced women’s health imaging systems, Fujifilm has products that are ideal for any size imaging environment. The Endoscopy Division of FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. supplies high quality, technologically advanced FUJINON brand endoscopes to the medical market. TeraMedica Division delivers healthcare informatics, and is the leading provider of vendor neutral, enterprise-wide solutions for unrestricted medical image management. FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. is headquartered in Stamford, CT. For more information please visit www.fujimed.com and www.fujifilmendoscopy.com.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. is the innovator and world leader in bedside and point-of-care ultrasound, and an industry leader in ultra high-frequency micro-ultrasound technology. Headquartered near Seattle, the company is represented by a global distribution network in over 100 countries. SonoSite’s portable, compact systems are expanding the use of ultrasound across the clinical spectrum by cost-effectively bringing high-performance ultrasound to the point of patient care. For more information, go to: www.sonosite.com.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including: healthcare, with medical systems, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics; graphic systems; highly functional materials, such as flat panel display materials; optical devices, such as broadcast and cinema lenses; digital imaging; and document products. These are based on a vast portfolio of chemical, mechanical, optical, electronic, software and production technologies. In the year ended March 31, 2017, the company had global revenues of $20.7 billion, at an exchange rate of 112 yen to the dollar. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit: www.fujifilmholdings.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.