DICOM® (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) is a widely accepted standard for distributing and viewing medical images. DICOM services are typically found in hospitals and larger medical practises.
Sonosite's DICOM features are compliant with DICOM Standard Version 3.0. Read more about our DICOM conformance statement for the M-Turbo™ and MicroMaxx® ultrasound systems.
Capabilities and Functions
- Archive–Provides storage of patient exams, including images and clips on a PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System).
- Print–Images can be printed from a DICOM compatible printer.
- Modality Worklist–Imports a patient's procedure data from a HIS (Hospital Information System)/RIS (Radiology Information System).
- MPPS (Modality Performed Procedure Step)–Transfers a patient's procedure information to a PACS and HIS/RIS.
- Storage Commit–Confirms the transfer of a patient's data from the ultrasound system to a PACS for storage and archiving.
DICOM Services Provided by Your Institution
Hospitals or local institutions typically maintain a network of servers that provide DICOM functionality. These include:
- Archivers/PACS (Picture Archive and Communication System)
- Print Servers
- Modality Worklist servers
- MPPS servers
- Storage Commit servers
These servers are configured and maintained by network administrators or PACS managers at each hospital.
DICOM Services Provided by Sonosite
- Our ultrasound systems provide a configuration page for each of the DICOM services and for the location(s) in which the system will operate.
- Instalation–Sonosite ultrasound systems are configured and maintained by network administrators or PACS managers at each institution.
- DICOM User Guide–A User Guide is available for DICOM on the MicroMaxx®, M-Turbo®, or S Series™ system.