AxoTrack has been proven to achieve a 97% first-pass success rate for CVC placement.
With vascular access, there are significant risks associated with this procedure that can cost patients their lives and hospitals millions of dollars. In fact, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the American Board of Internal Medicine recommend "the use of real-time ultrasound guidance during central line insertion to prevent complications."2 Although both organizations have consistently stated that this area needs improvement, the recommendations have gone largely unheeded due to the level of difficulty of current methods3. AxoTrack solves this problem.
1. Ferre, R.M., et al. The Use of a Novel Device Improves Real-Time Ultrasound Guided IV Access. Supplement to Annals of Emergency Medicine. Sept. 2010;56(3):S74. Download PDF
2. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality - Evidence Report/Technology Assessment Number 43, titled: Making Health Care Safer: A Critical Analysis of Patient Safety Practices. Download PDF
3. Girard, T.D., Schectman, J.M. Ultrasound Guidance During Central Venous Catheterization: A Survey of Use by House Staff Physicians. Journal of Critical Care. 2005;20:224-229. Download PDF
4. Supraclavicular Central Venous Catheter: SCCM Poster Presentation Download PDF
5. AxoTrack Safety and Efficacy: SCCM Poster Presentation Download PDF
6. AxoTrack Pilot Study: WCUME Poster Presentation Download PDF